View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 09:45 AM   #1
Danny
Head Coach

Room Furniture and Decoration

I live with my dad while I am going to college. We recently purchased a new home that happens to be down the street from the college I am attending (nice bonus, if it wasnt a 15 foot drop I could jump the back wall and be on part of the campus). I am planning to be in this house for at least the remaining three semesters I have for my bachelors and then three years for my masters since I will be attending the college right there for both of those degrees.

Anyway, it's a really nice house and I'd like to put some money into some furniture and stuff for my room since I'll be there for a while. I'm looking for some suggestions since I've always really just used whatever extra stuff my parents happened to have. I'm thinking my overall price limit will be about $1500. I have items I can use now, but most of them are not really what I want or ideal for what I need it for. So far this is what I have as a general outline, though I may be forgetting some things.

Desk Chair $300
Desk $350
Nightstand $100
Dresser $150
Art/Posters $100
Flat Screen Television $500

The room is not exactly huge (about 120 square feet), so Id like a television I can put on the wall, though I realize the size and quality I can get for $500 on a flat screen is limited. I have a nice queen sized bed already and I may just keep my current dresser and put it in the walk in closet.

I'm a big guy (6'3, 230), so I'd need a good quality chair that I can spend a lot of time in either on the computer or reading/studying. I also need a large desk that can hold my computer/printer/cd's/books with plenty of extra study room.

I'm looking for practicality and to have a nice looking room I'd have no issues bringing women into. I'm looking for any and all advice, general suggestions, specific product suggestions, etc...

Last edited by Danny : 11-30-2006 at 11:55 AM.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote