View Single Post
Old 04-17-2024, 09:26 PM   #19
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
But the Middle East is the huge variable in this. If we do get a war with Iran which seems more and more likely, I think Biden is cooked.

What makes you say this? Every time we have gotten into a war (declared or not), the sitting President gets a significant approval boost for at least a year, the most recent example being the 2nd Iraq War. Precedent is not on your side, but if you think it'll be different this time, I'd be interested in the rationale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I do hope Democrats don't actually keep doing this nonsense about democracy dying. It's as bad as when they spent years screaming about the Russians taking over our government.

Republicans have literally passed state bills to severely restrict voting rights and are still trying to get bills passed (and past SCOTUS) that would take the direct franchise away from voters and give it to legislatures (in states where they control those, of course).

Do you think they'll just stop this, if they win?

Quote:
Run on abortion or anything else that people might actually believe Democrats care about.

On this I agree, especially running on abortion. Everyone knows what RvW was, and that it was overturned, and you can hammer home the idea (with real examples) that certain states have criminalized a woman's autonomy over her body.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote