View Single Post
Old 09-26-2015, 04:47 AM   #149
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Glad you still are enjoying it! After this long that's a great sign. I think I've said this before, but I could have put it up earlier, I honestly didn't think there would be much interest in it. It's funny -- I find the ideas I don't think people will like get a solid following, and the ones I think are great often land with a thud.

Anyway, feel free to chime in with any suggestions on things to report or that are repetitive, whatever. I agree with you on the speed thing, you'd really just have to summarize each season or year. It has strengths and weaknesses, but I find the slower pace adds to suspense at certain moments and accomplishments seem more rewarding because I had to wait for them.

Since you were nice enough to comment, I'll throw in a pretty major spoiler. I went off to work having resigned myself to a probable loss against Peru, and a little bummed about having to play a clay nation on clay. I had a lousy day at work, setting a personal record in the longest time ever having to stay over due to various issues. Then I came home and checked the results so far -- three matches in ... and Sri Lanka has swept them all, clinching a victory and promotion to Level 1! Details probably Sunday, but I was pretty floored. Not complaining though .
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote