View Single Post
Old 09-28-2015, 05:50 PM   #156
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

*bow*

A couple more things to mention here.

Top Managers

Missed this in my rankings rundown, but I moved up from 20th to 18th this year, adding about 1.5k to my points total for just over 15k entering the new year. There are three fairly close to me that I could potentially pass this year in the 15-16k range, and three more in the 17-18k range, with everyone else at 20k or more.

At the top, oprice set a new record high for rr1 this season. He set it at the US Open, then broke it at the World Tour Finals. The new mark is 52,532. Only two other managers have ever made it within 10k of that mark, and nobody else is currently within 20k. In other words, you could add all of my points to the closest competitor and he would still be in first place.

Right now is sort of a perfect storm for oprice, who manages both Iglar and Benda. I've also noticed, in my observation of other managers, that he's the only one that really doesn't do anything I consider a mistake. I've seen a grand total of one error from him: Benda skipping Monte Carlo this past year. That's it. It seems like just about everyone else is prone to overplay their players, esp. the young ones -- Marcel Bahana, run by third-ranked marsel, the previous record holder at just over 51k, is a good example of this. There is also a near-universal tendency to play developing players in events they aren't really ready for -- going for a quick gain of points at the expense of long-term development. Other consistent more minor flaws also exist. From what I've seen, if I play this game long enough I think I'll eventually outpace everyone else, but I don't know if I'd ever surpass oprice. He seems to really have all his ducks in a row, so to speak.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote