View Single Post
Old 04-21-2016, 05:18 PM   #322
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Finally time to create my new player today. Here's how it went ...

Ritwik Suksma

** Age: 14y25w. Usually they end up about here, will have a birthday around Wimbledon similar to Mooljee.
** Raw Skill/Service: 5 skill, 1 service. That's quite low, I think Girsh started at 10-12 skill or somesuch. Does it matter all that much? No, just means he starts off a hair behind.
** Mentality: 3.6. Every player I've created so far has been in the 3.4-3.8 range, so this is right down the middle.
** Aging Factor: 96%. Decent, using 'Peaks Late' I've never gotten higher than 97, so 95-97 is the range I think.
** Talent: 4.4. Not super, same as Mehul/Girsh, Mooljee was better at 4.7.
** Peak Athleticism: 2.9 strength, 2.4 speed. This is quite bad for a created player, seems the average is about 6.5 combined. 5.3 here is yuck.
** Peak Endurance: 3.7. This gives a combined TE of 8.1, and is again subpar. Girsh, Mehul, Mooljee all in the 4.2-4.5 range.

Summary

So I actually like his name, aging factor and talent are ok, but overall this is a bad fish. By far the worst result overall I've gotten for a created player. Fortunately I have enough credits right now to try again -- so Mr. Suksma is fired and will soon be available for someone else to pick him up. this isn't to say he's horrid, he could be a Top 50 player probably, but he's below the standard I usually get and am looking for. There is some risk here because I've only got 1-2 more shots at this; I need my luck to improve.

Take Two

Ritwik Dudwadkar

I guess Ritwik is the name of choice in Sri Lanka for boys these days. Last name is a bit of a tongue-twister. But let's see what he's got ...

** Age: 14y29w. A little on the older side, so that's a small strike against him.
** Raw Skill/Service: 7 skill, 4 service. That's pretty decent actually. Seen better, seen worse.
** Mentality: 3.5. Just a hair below-average.
** Aging Factor: 96%. Decent
** Talent: 4.5. Not as good as Mooljee but still pretty good. Starting to feel a bit better about this.
** Peak Athleticism: 2.8 strength, 3.8 speed. Not as good as Mooljee, and I'd like the strength to be higher but this is the fastest player I've had with any I've created.
** Peak Endurance: 4.4. That's better than anyone I've had other than Mehul.

Summary

There's always something you can complain about, but this is solid. 8.9 TE, 6.6 SS on Mark's evaluation system. Pretty low home advantage at 2.3 but I don't care since nobody plays in Sri Lanka anyway. Should be right in the same category as my existing players, thrown in the fact that he'll have a trainer the whole time and he could well be the best of the bunch. This one i'm not throwing back, so get used to the name Dudwadkar. Just don't ask me to pronounce it :P.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote