View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 07:19 PM   #677
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Top Rankings Update

1. Mateo Kaspar(25, FRA) -- 18,010

2. Gillo Fangio(26, ITA) -- 8,860

3. Guus Dircx(24, NLD) -- 7,200

Dircx reaches a new personal-best with the SF showing at the US Open, and definitely has the inside track on the year-end #3 now.

4. Prakash Mooljee(30, SRI) -- 6,790

A veteran still trying to hold off the tide of youth, Mooljee also made the USO semis, and it may well be enough to keep him in the Top 4 for this year. I expect a significant dip after that though.

5. Ritwik Dudwadkar(24, SRI) -- 5,410

Narrowly back up to his best from earlier in the year. Dudwadkar already has more victories than he did last year(55 to 53) with more than two months to go.

6. Martin Zarco(25, ESP) -- 5,240

7. Johnny Browne(29, USA) -- 5,060

Slowly sliding, but sliding nonetheless.

8. Sigmund Kronecker(27, DEU) -- 3,895

9. Jake Jolland(28, USA) -- 3,475

10. Hsuang-tsung Teng(24, NZL) -- 3,380

Disappointing early loss last week, but no question he's on the way up. As the only Top-30 player in New Zealand history, he stands alone in his nation's annals.

13. Matthew Panter(23, USA) -- 2,750

14. Valentin Rosenberg(24, SWE) -- 2,730

15. Ruben Piazzola(23, CHI) -- 2,630

18. Gregory Mackenzie(23, USA) -- 2,330

While Piazzola appears stuck, Panter is up 10 spots so far this year, Rosenberg 12, and Mackenzie 18. They might be getting going a touch on the late side, but they are still moving and no two ways about it.

44. Shyam Senepathy

Nearly 31, and yet he sets a new career high. Gotta really given him credit; won't give up.

9(D). Anil Mehul

I think he can do a little better than what was showed this year, but I don't see Mehul ever getting higher than 4th team(7th-8th doubles ranking) again. Singles continues to hold in the low-mid 200s; still getting enough doubles matches in that opportunities for singles are rare, esp. with the addition of the Olympics. Shifting to a more even schedule between the two is still coming, just not quite yet.

5(J). Sushant Chiba

Finally out of the top 4 due to the surprising USO juniors champ from Croatia, Chiba has basically accomplished what he's going to accomplish at this stage of his career. There are three 'junior masters'(i.e., JGA) events still to go, and he'd skip them if it wasn't for the fact that he wouldn't be able to get any decent practice with most of the other top players participating. Definitely going to look seriously at playing an amateur or two though instead of looking for smaller juniors tourneys. I've found in the past that I'm not ready to jump straight to futures when going pro with my late-bloomer guys, but I also end up with some bad practice periods against low-ranked stiffs while grinding through the amateur ranks. Getting 1-2 events ahead of time would seem to be a good way to split the difference there. Still learning little quirks of the process.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 09-11-2017 at 07:49 PM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote