Race to the World Tour Finals
Start of Paris

In(4890 to Qualify)

Mateo Kaspar -- 15,560
Gillo Fangio -- 8,320
Guus Dircx -- 6,580
Prakash Mooljee -- 5,820
Ritwik Dudwadkar -- 5,770

The last couple weeks have moved Mooljee every-so-slightly ahead of Dudwadkar. Their private battle looks set to go down to the wire. I still like the veteran's experience and better serve on a faster track in Paris and the Tour Finals.

One thing I've discovered that drives me stark raving mad is their doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to accounting for the WTC points. Some players count it in the 250 category, some in the 500. That throws things off and makes it tough to be sure of my predictions and standings here. At this point it should be stable though, with all of those smaller events having been played.

Probable

Sigmund Kronecker -- 4575
Johnny Browne -- 4525
Martin Zarco -- 4360

I think we are about to have some controversy/scandal here. While it's not over yet, Kronecker should have a very strong bet to be in at this point, but his ranking is miscalculated much like Dudwadkar's. A few hundred points for each, leaving the top German actually ranked 9th behind Teng at the moment even though he should be well ahead of him. I imagine they will raise quite a stink if he's screwed out of his spot ...

Contenders

Long Shots

Hsuang-tsung Teng -- 3940
Milos Schmucker -- 3450

Good results for both lately; Teng was very close to beating Fangio in the Swiss Indoors final. It's too little too late though ... or rather it should be.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote