View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 05:49 AM   #319
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
We absolutely do NOT try to vote with the purpose of manipulating the vote count just to figure out what type of math is involved underneath the engine here. The biggest weapon that the villagers have is the vote track record. It is the reason why many people argue that you should always lynch in debates in some games. So if you are going to have a lynch, it needs to be done in a way to provide information for later days.

Chances are that whatever happens with the vote, we will still get information regarding 1) The math behind it and 2) How the wolf kill ties into it.

For either of those, it will likely take 2-3 lynch votes before we can narrow things down specifically, but if all three days a wolf kill occurs in the near timing to the lynch vote that should be a pretty good clue for us. As for the math, we should be able to start working out some of that regardless of when it occurs.

So the value added by forcing an early vote to determine early day vote percentages is very small compared to the value that is added later in the game when looking at who voted where and why.

I agree Alan. And if we are assuming the wolves need a lynch before they get a night kill, then we probably want to delay that lynch as much as possible. That gives us more time to use any special actions our characters might have and for any info generated by them to come out.

[OOC: It's my day to have a migraine it seems, so not sure how much I will be able to post today, sorry about that.]
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote