View Single Post
Old 12-28-2019, 09:32 AM   #220
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
We did the FAFSA very early. He finished his application very early. He got his acceptance very early. We did get a letter with the 2K/year merit based scholarship offer, but that's completely it. I haven't seen anything that talked about student loans, Parent Plus loans, or anything else. Clearly there will be opportunities for those things. Then I guess after that, I need to look at private funding options, I just need to be in front of all that. The last thing I need is to get caught off guard with this stuff.

The other thing is that this year's funding is based on my income with 5 months of missing work from a broken ankle, where my AGI is about 50k less than it will be for 2019. So even with another kid following up in a year, the need based thing isn't ever going to come into play. I have no problem taking on some of the debt load, but I need the front end funding to make it happen.
At this point then, it looks like you need to contact the schools financial aid office and start the process. They will tell you what you need and point you in the right direction. If he is starting in the fall, you should have until May to get things together.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote