View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 01:06 PM   #284
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
No need to worry about storage issues if you have the DVD. Unless you mean shelf space. Of the 100% of the current tv shows out there, there's only 3 that I can think of that I would buy the season DVDs. But, I just watch them on my DVR. As far as movies go, if the movie strikes enough interest in me to want to watch it, I just buy it. I like having something tangible in my hands when it comes to watching something. You can't hack my DVD. Netflix streaming goes down, I can still watch my DVD. My internet goes down, I can still watch my DVD. My computer breaks, I can still watch my DVD. To me, DVDs are like books and that's why I'll never own something like a Kindle or ever use Netflix (unless they somehow manage to get live sports).

Depending on the tv show, I have no problems paying 30 - 40 dollars for that show when they are released on DVD. If that season has been out for more than a year or so, I'm not willing to pay much more than 20 - 25 dollars for it. Amazon is great for discounts.

Movies...Depending on how much I like the movie, I'm flexible on the price. I refuse to pay more for Blu Ray discs than what it would cost for a DVD. I got Blazing Saddles for 9.99 at Best Buy, on Blu Ray. Good price in my opinion.

So really, I see no need for a service like Netflix or rental boxes, when I have Amazon, Best Buy & my DirecTV with DVR. The only time when I'm not home that I ever have want or need to watch a movie is when I'm at the airport and on a plane. Nothing I can't rip off of a disc and put on my iphone.

I don't begrudge anyone that uses something like Netflix, I just don't think that it's the best way to watch things and serves my viewing needs, absolutely no purpose. Even with the price hike, I think that is super cheap if it's all-you-can-watch, but, I have no need for it.

I just don't even know how to react to this. I feel like I'm listening to like.. someone's grandpa or something.

If netflix being down for an hour or two for an outage is a reason to go out and overpay for the same thing in another fashion, have at it. When Netflix is down you could listen to your cassette tape collection to pass the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote