View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 03:59 PM   #560
AgustusM
College Prospect

I wont be dumping netflix anytime soon. No matter how stupid I think this all is, the service is till very much a bargain even if they doubled the price. I pay something like 27 bucks a month for Netflix and over 100 for cable (not really cable but uverse, but whatever) and we easily watch 5 times as much on netflix as we do on regular TV

why, well because I have a wife and 4 kids and everyone wants something different. The only "TV" I watch is live sports and other live shows like the news or sportsenter. If it was just me I would get just a sports package - but my wife watches all kinds of stuff and the kids all have their favorites. Just easier to have the full package and be done with it.

Also I don't mind a technical glitch now and then. Nothing a nice quick reboot doesn't solve but that stuff drives my wife insane. If I am not home and netflix is not working she gets frustrated and just watches something else.

We also have hulu plus, a couple of Apple TV's, Amazon streaming (free with prime, but I have never think to look something up on it)

Not sure there was a point to all this sharing other then we have so many options and I have no issue bouncing from one to the other - but what so many more "normal" less technical users like my wife want is one simple solution to watch everything. for that I have high hopes for google TV
AgustusM is offline   Reply With Quote