View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 04:44 PM   #77
sabotai
General Manager

My Wingers and AMC situation

The more I look at my tactics, the more I realize that I've been handling my AMC and wingers a bit carelessly. I have my wingers playing as Inside Forwards. The point of my tactics, at least on the attack, is to have my wingers rush in towards the goal, have my poacher already in the middle and have my AMC dictate the action, passing it to whoever is in the best position to score. I haven't really been paying attention to this and have just gone after and played players based on their gold star rating (which I'm thinking might be just fool's gold.........see what I did there?)

First off, having "Play Wider" Team Instruction has been undermining that, but I'll go over tactic changes next post.

For my wingers, I've been focusing a bit too much on their passing and not enough on their Finishing. I don't really want them to be the assist men, feeding it to my striker all the time. It'd be great if they could, but I need them, especially with just one striker, to be able to bury that ball in the net.

Finishing - First Touch - Passing - Crossing scores
Stoppelkamp: 12 - 12 - 10 -10
Mendler: 7 - 11 - 11 - 12
Marco: 9 - 15 - 11 - 11
Cutolo: 13 - 13 - 13 - 14

There's a reason Mendler hasn't performed as well as his overall star rating should suggest. It's because he can't put the ball in the net. If I had a system where he would cross and pass more, he'd probably be performing better. Conversely, Stoppelkamp performs well in my system (I have no idea why or how he managed to attempt 17 crosses in the last game, though. I'm thinking it was a product of set pieces? He takes the corner kicks, so the ball bounces back his way and he just crosses it. Gets the ball on a throw in and crosses it? I'll have to watch for that)

They also need to do some running with the ball, unlike the striker who is always sitting there, ready to strike. The wingers will ideally 1) get the pass from the AMC as they are cutting in and 2) get loose balls/rebounds/etc. to the side and be able to dribble around a defender to either take a shot or pass it inside. (Not sure "Drill Crosses" is working the way I want it to. With the lack of a big target man, I should pull back on crossing in general...?)

Dribbling - Tech. - Acc. - Agi - Balance
Stoppelkamp: 14 - 13 - 13 - 14 - 9
Mendler: 13 - 11 - 14 - 11 - 11
Marco: 13 - 13 - 16 - 13 - 11
Cutolo: 13 - 16 - 13 - 14 - 11

Mendler isn't terrible there, but there's just enough of a difference between him and the other three that it's noticeable. (And Stoppelkamp used to be better. He's 29 and his attributes are now steadily, slowly but steadily, declining. I think because of those injuries last year.)

I've been trying for a good squad rotation, but I think Marco and Cutolo rotating regularly on the left, but Stoppelkamp being the starter for the right with Mendler only coming on sometimes (just enough to keep him match fit) will be how I handle this area of my roster.

Because of my formation, the AMC needs to be able to run with the ball, pass it, and when the chance presents itself, go for a long shot. He's the focal point of the attack, if all goes to plan.

Yunus Malli has been great so far, but he's shown that he won't hold up through a full season. Bouy's there to help him out sometimes, but I really try to save Bouy for when there's an MC (Attack/Defend tactics) because that's where he's best. But Bouy has also shwon himself to be fragile. Now that I have Roguljic, I can spell Malli if he needs it when I still want an AMC and/or have Bouy subbed in elsewhere. Roguljic also has low stamina, so neither will be a 90 minutes long, game in game out, type of player.

First Touch - Long Shots - Passing - Tech. - Anticipation - Decisions - Stamina
Roguljic: 15 - 11 - 13 - 15 - 12 - 12 - 8
Malli: 16 - 11 - 15 - 16 - 13 - 12 - 12
Bouy: 15 - 16 - 16 - 16 - 12 - 14 - 12

Based on attributes (those and some others), Bouy would stand out as the best. But as I said, Bouy's natural position is at MC, but from what I've read, if I play him at AMC enough, he'll eventually become "Natural". *shrug*. We'll see.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote