View Single Post
Old 07-31-2014, 06:06 PM   #88
sabotai
General Manager

October 1st, 2016

Bielefeld (5th, 5-4-1, 19pt) at 1860 Münich (7th, 4-5-1, 17pt)

Starting Lineup
GK - Eicher
DL - Suttner
DC - Donkor
DC - Kirchhoff
DR - Volz
DM - Stark
DM - Stahl
AML - Marco
AMC - Bouy
AMR - Mendler
ST - Wood

In the 3rd minute, Marco had a breakway but he mishit the ball while dribbling, allowing the defense to recover and his shot was blocked. In a year or two, he's probably going to be killing teams similar situations. A pass from Bouy to Wood to Marco set up the chance.

In the 6th minute, a pass from Marco to Wood in the box sets up a great chance, but the shot from Wood was weak. Easy save.

In the 9th minute, Wood makes a nice move, gets around the defender near midfield and runs at the goal, but his shot goes high. Lots of chances early, nothing to show for it.

By the 10th minute, my assman told me to remove Pass Into Spaces. He said we were gifting them to ball. I ignore him.

In the 32nd minute, Cutolo puts a pass just over the head of an opponent, Bouy takes it...and misses. That was our 7th shot, 2 on target.

In the 35th minute, Bouy directs a pass to Wood in space, Wood barely beats out the defender to it, lobs a shot passed the GK at the net and.....barely misses. That would have been a nice goal.

In the 37th minute, they manage to sustain an attack until my defenders clump up, leave an attacker alone and an easy pass becomes an easy goal. Eicher was also a bit slow to react to that one.

In the 52nd minute, Marco lobs a pass into the box, Wood beats his man there, makes a move around the GK and scores easily to tie the game.

In the 60th minute, Stark lobs the ball upfield, Wood heads it on and Marco picks it up, dribbles towards the goal and...sends it wide.

I feel like my attacking players need to work on their finishing....

In the 64th minute, Bouy passes the ball into the box, Wood gets to it and sends it into the net to give us the lead. I feel like "Passes Into Space", while I'm sure has given the ball over to their team, has helped generate a ton of scoring chances in this game. In the previous games I've watched (not exactly a large sample size), I've never seen a player on either team just push the ball into the box to no one in particular. In this case, Bouy just sent it in. Wood just simply reacted and got there first (in this case, it wasn't even close). Not that it's been all great. I've seen some bad passes into space, but seeing bad passes in general is not uncommon while watching my team.

Also, if I faced a team with superior speed, I might be in a giant world of hurt right now. So I think I'm really going to need to scout out my opponents and turn that off if I'm facing a team with a lot of speed on defense.

In the 89th minute, Wood made a beautiful move to get by a defender, but his shot was sent over by the GK.

We dominated this game and should have won by a much larger margin. It's still 3 points though, and hopefully my team keeps up this kind of performance.

Bielefeld 1 - 2 1860 Münich
7 - Shots - 19
2 - On Target - 7
4 - Fouls - 13
0 - Yellow Cards - 0
48% - Poss. - 52%

POM: Bobby Shou Wood, 2 goals

Player Performance
GK Eicher 6.7 , DL Suttner 6.9 , DC Donkor 6.9 , DC Kirchhoff 6.9 , DR Volz 6.2 (off 68) , DR Rech 6.8 (on 68) , DM Stark 6.9 , DM Stahl 6.8 , AML Marco 6.8 , AMC Bouy 7.7 , AMR Mendler 6.7 (off 24 - injury) , AMR Cutolo 6.7 (on 24) , ST Wood 8.8

Volz got subbed due to poor performance. I thought Con could use a day off.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote