View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 12:07 AM   #90
sabotai
General Manager

October 16th, 2016

Düsseldorf (6th, 6-2-3, 20pt) at 1860 Münich (3rd, 6-5-1, 23pt)

Unavailable: DM Stark (injury), Stuttner (Sus.)

They run a 2DM formation as well, and from what I can see, we are evenly matched. This will be the first true test of my tactics I think.

Starting Lineup
GK Eicher
DL Volz
DC Donkor
DC Kirchhoff
DR Con
DM Wannenwetsch (DLP-S)
DM Stahl (BWM-D)
AML Marco
AMC Bouy
AMR Stoppelkamp
ST Wood

In the 4th minute, I saw Eicher try to give the ball to a defender. The problem is, they had a player covering the defender. Eicher's lucky that he took an ill-advised long shot. He would have had a clear one-on-one on Eicher if he wasn't in such a hurry.

In the 7th minute, exactly what I wanted to see from this tactic. Bouy launches the ball from midfield, and Wood flat out beats the defender to it. Their GK made a nice save, unfortunately. That would have been sweet.

In the 10th minute, Con get caught flat footed but their player sent it wide. Con has the ability to make plays, but as is expected from a young player, he's very streaky and makes a lot of mistakes.

In the 18th minute, Wannenwetsch feeds Con in the box, but he barely sends it wide.

In the 34th minute, Donkor was so close to a goal. Better First Touch would have buried it easily. Or better Finishing. Either way, another wasted opportunity.

Eicher makes a really nice save in minute 39. My defense was caught napping as a pass went into the box and they didn't react quickly. The guy had all day.

Subbed out Bouy in the 41st minute (Malli in). He took a knock but should be okay, but he was slow to recover from it and I thought it best to get him off the field.

They score in extra time before the half (+1...scored at 1:31) off a corner. It bounced around a bit before finding the net.

In the 69th minute, a pass from Malli to Stoppelkamp into the box, but their GK makes a good save.

I sub Cutolo in for Stoppelkamp in the 72nd minute. Stoppelkamp was still not match fit from his injury, and I need a final push at the end of this game. I also set my Mentality to Control.

In the 84th minute, they cross it into the box, and their player barely missed the header. As soon as I changed to Control, Düsseldorf dominated possession. I change to Attacking (only got several minutes left)

In the 85th minute, Wood scored but was very offsides. They answer with a disallowed goal in the 88th minute by a player that was even more offisdes (by like 10 yards!)

Düsseldorf 1 - 0 1860 Münich
14 - Shots - 13
6 - On Target - 3
13 - Fouls - 14
2 - Yellow Cards - 2
49% - Poss. - 51%

Suttner and Stark were badly missed in this one. In fairness, they were without their starting DR as well (who looks like a very good player)

Player Performance
GK Eicher 6.7 , DL Volz 6.8 (YC) , DC Donkor 6.7 , Kirchhoff 6.9 , DR Con 6.7 , DM Wannenwetsch 6.8 , DM Stahl 6.9 (YC) , AML Marco 6.7 , AMC Bouy 6.8 (off 41) , AMC Malli 6.7 (on 41), AMR Stoppelkamp 6.4 (off 72) , AMR Cutolo 6.7 (on 72) , ST Wood 6.3

This wasn't a case of just not scoring for Wood causing a low score, I saw him make some bad mistakes. Same for Stoppelkamp, but he wasn't match fit and I'm sure that caused some rustiness. Con also had some crucial mistakes. And passes into space intended for Marco....he doesn't seem to react correctly to them. I wish I could train Anticipation.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote