View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 03:59 PM   #92
sabotai
General Manager

October 23rd, 2016

Friendly

1860 Münich at FC Bayern II

A 12 day hole in my fixture and I didn't want my guys to go 12 days without playing. I think I accidentally made this game too close to my next one (5 days).

I added two more Team Instructions to try them out for this game.

Work Ball Into Box - My guys have been taking a few too many long shots. I didn't have this on originally because I didn't want anyone slowing up the counter attack to look for passes into the box instead of just running at the goal. But, there's been too many shots from long range during normal attacking phases so I'm trying it out.

Stay On Feet - I turned on "Hassle Opponents" and my fouls and yellow cards shot up. Also, the point is to get the ball back and push it upfield quickly. If my guy tackles and is on the ground, he can't then make a play for the ball. So I'm going to see if this helps as well.

Just a quick summery, it was just a friendly.

Most of my guys did not play that well, but part of the reason for this friendly was to get them match fit. Due to some injuries and maybe a few too many players, several players weren't match fit and my new reserve team hasn't had any games yet.

I'm still having an issue with the opposing team crossing the ball from one flank to the corner of the box on the opposite side, where my defenders have left their winger alone. Would this be solved by having my defensive wingers man mark their midfield/attacking midfield counterparts?

Work Ball Into Box - Seemed to work the way I wanted. On sustained attacks, there was more passing, trying to get a good shot from inside the box. On the breakaways, there was no holding up to look for passes.

Stay On Feet - Not sure what to make about this one. We actually had fewer "fast break" chances in this friendly, but I was playing mostly unfit and backup players.

Final Score: 1860 Münich 4 - 3 FC Bayern II
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote