View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 09:35 PM   #113
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Lots of our players are internationaling it up!

For our home match today, we are keeping the same squad as before, with Hernani Costa in the Mexer DC spot because he’s tired from international play, and Freire is back from injury. I want to focus on the Euro match in 4 days.

They score in the 9th minute – yuck. Espinosa scores. On a lovely break Daniel Candeais is fed the ball deep by Aurelio, lines up for a cross to Rondon, and Rondon has his 6th goal of the season, and its tied in the 23rd. They get a yellow card ,and I move to Counter. Adriano was tackled running into the box, the ball fell to an unmarked Espinosa who finished in the 39thminute. Half 2-1. Possession is key in the 2nd half, and I keep at Counter for a bit. Martins has been key in his area, with interceptions and control. Freire has a foul dangerously close to a penalty kick place, and luckily they miss the DFK. Back to Standard. A goal by Daniel C was called offsides in the 58th. Tired Costa is subbed for Mexer. I’ll sub him in, just not start. I want to secure this win if I can. A DFK by Defederico sinks in the 69th minute puts us up 3-1. Next sub is Adriano out for Djaniny. Back to Counter. They’ve had some great attacks pushed aside by our defense. Final sub – Rodrigues in for Marc. Game, we win 3-1. We defeated Porto by a PK here in our place last year, so it’s nice to beat them with normal football. Defederico is MOM. In this game, we had 11 shots, 6 on target. They had 14 and 9 on target, so we did a good job an stopping their shots. Perratta finished with a good strong score too.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote