View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 11:46 PM   #116
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Our final match of September is against Ferreira, a very respectable team. This is an away match against a rough team. Someone has mentioned they are chasing Adriano in the Presser. I have given him a tag of 800k – you offer that to me, and I’ll go find another striker, He’s worth 400 or 500k right now for us. Our most expensive players are:

725k Daniel Candeais
625k Mario Rondon
625k Djaniny
575k Joao Aurelio
500k Mexer
450k Matias Defederico
400k Adriano
350k Dejan Skolnik
325k Luis Martins
325k Javi Espinosa

Everyone else is below 250k

I sign Hernani Costa to a deal when he turns 17, but that’ll be for months down the road. This works for him – he grew up in the town, and we are his favorite club, and everyone loves him. He is gold. We were gifted him by the football gods, and I have no intention of letting him go.

Ferreira – we’ll begin defensive. We beat PAOK with a defensive set 3-1. Let’s see if we can duplicate that. I also tell them to work the ball, keep possession, tighter mark. I want to be ornery first, and then dial things back as needed. They score early on, so I keep it up. Then Daniel and Rondon play the ball to each other and Daniel gets a nice pass and scores in the 22nd minute – 1-1. I stay where we are. Daniel is then injured and I put in Reginaldo. I slide to counter. Then Matias comes out for an injury – in goes Javi. Half time. Rondon gets a pass from Reginaldo in the corner, runs into tight space and is heavily marked, passed to Espinosa for a score. 2-1 us in the 51st. They score right back in the 54th, Martins was beat on the side. Skolnik’s cross finds Espinosa for another score in the 62nd. We are back up by a goal. I order my team to head back to Defensive. Andrei Marc collects a yellow. I pull him in the 79th. In goes Rodrigues. They have MOUNDS of pressure in the 80s. Getting loads of shots off. Can we keep them from scoring? Game. We win 3-2. I thought we might give that one away late, but we held on. MOM was Espinosa. They had 16 shots and 9 on target. I was happy to keep them to 2 goals on that. We had 13, but just 3 on target. Every one sunk though. We just used them better. Once again, we won after being down early.

Matias Defederico is out for 10 days with a twisted knee, and Daniel Candeais out for a few days with a damages wrist.

Joao Aurelio approaches me. He wants an improved contract. I actually agree. I like him, he’s just being paid 1.6k, so he has some legit concerns. I make him an offer. Hernani Costa approached ,e and he’ll sign the deal we offer in March when he turns 17. Javi was in the Team of the Week

Aurelio agrees to his new deal. He’s played for us for years – and the right side of Aurelio/Candeais/Rondon is golden, I’m not touching that. He is making 5.25k/week – a little more than I wanted and was hoping for, but we have him secured.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote