View Single Post
Old 05-02-2014, 02:28 PM   #124
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We have 6 players called up for duty.

Pick up where you left off in today’s match against Academica in the Taca da Portugal! They are pushing forwarding and dominating the match, so I take the slow plan, and pull back to counter. Halftime. They come back and keep pushing. That’s alright. Maintain possession, slow things down, play the long game. Be patient. That patience pays off in the 70th when Marc feeds Rondon a ball, who makes the extra pass to Djaniny who finishes it. Defederico=, off a Djaniny pass, hits paydirt 5 minutes later. I was saving my subs, in case of extra time, so I throw in two folks now. We won with the patient view, and won well. MOM Is Djaniny. It’s been 289 minutes since Peratta last conceded a goal.

We draw the next match – against Belenenses on the road.

Reginaldo just notched his first international goal. Good job buddy!

Our away match vs Olhanese is underway. I also begin countering too – it’s a strategy that has worked for us. Aurelio hits Freire for a header off a corner for a score in the 15th minute. I move to retain possession. They have a couple of long range shots – nothing that looks good. Then they have two good drive,s but we stall them and its half time after a nice Rondon shot is blocked and held to end a break away. Room for improvement! They notch a pair of yellows within a minute of each other. Defederico finds Rondon who shoots a nice shot, blocked, and Djaniny pounces on the rebound and puts it away. 2-0 in the 53rd.Mexer is hit a few times, and I yank him for Hernani Costa. Next is Sousa for Djaniny. Sous gets the ball from Marc, fires it from range, it rebounds off the top crossbar he collects, drives, and shoots and puts it away. I tell my guys to tackle hard and mark closer. Rondon scores but it’s called offsides. Game, we win 3-0 on the road. MPOM is Freire.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote