View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014, 09:49 PM   #140
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Can we have the exact same result against the same team for the League Cup? I guess we find out today. This should be the last match Rondon misses. I begin controlling. Again. We score early this time, off a Javi Espinosa score in the 15th minute. I move back, and the game is tired – very quickly zooms by. Half. They score just outside of the half, and I begin swapping people. J Sousa is injured and I pull him. Then, on a corner kick by Skolnik, Hernani Costa gets a header in the 77th minute. I pull back to counter. They score elate off a corner too, and I move to Overload. We had a good shot but Adriano hit the ball at the GK right in front instead of doing anything tricky with it. Tie. Annoying. Not good enough! Sousa is just out for a few days.

Woodshed time – away at Porto! Arouca beat Braga, which is nice to see. Welcome back Rondon.

Expecting many goals, despite our defensive attempts, let’s count the goals. I like it, and it breaks up the monotony og game after game after game. Get us revenge! Hassle foes, mark more tightly! Maybe we can muscle them around?

Goal 1 – By them, 7th minute
Goal 2 – By them, 20th – Offsides
Half – Show Me Something Else!
Goal 3 – By them, 51st
Goal 4 – By them, 65th
Goal 5 – By them., 77th

The whole point of playing defensive is to keep the score close, give you a chance. We did not do that.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote