View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 02:57 PM   #150
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Djaniny and Skolnik are both injured early, so I toss in Javu and Cenk.

Goals –

1 – Djaniny, 4tyh minute
2 – Them, 10th minute
3 – Skolnik, 14th
4 – Defederico, 31st
5 – Rondon, 36th
6 – Them, 53rd
7 – Them,71st
8 – Cenk Tosun, 75th
9 – Rondon, 88th

6-3, MOM was Defederico. Marc and Freire had yellows. Not a bad win, since it will push us to the final Zenit match

Skolnik will miss the Zenit match. Rondon and Defederico were in Tem of the Week stuff.

Can we make it through to the next round? A 3-1 result away really helps to propel us to victory in today’s Zenit match. Javi is starting for Skolnik. After a lot of football, this is our final February match. I have a couple of lesser known folks on the bench, activates for this – Nuno Campos and Sergio Duarte. I may end up bringing them in, give them some experience.e Pick up where we left off! I start countering, and we score in lightning fashion. Espinosa finds Djaniny, who slides it to Defederico for a score at the 0:31 mark. Then we have no scores for a long time. It’s the 35th minute before Zenit scores off a nasty pass that carves our defense and leads the way for a score. Mexer collects a yellow card. Candeais finds Rondon for a score in the 39th minute. That’s the old gang coming alive. A Candeais shot rifles at goal, but it pushed away at the last moment for a corner, which devolves into a morass of muddy balls here in the rain. They also easily handle a Rondon break away. I pull Mexer for Hernani Costa. Marc, Espinosa and Martins triangle the ball up the left side but a nice attack is brought to naught as they dispossess the ball. Corner. And it misses. Half tme. We are up 2-3 here, and 5-2 aggregate. Keep it up! A nasty Defenderico IFK hits Rondon;s leg but is pushed aside at the last moment. Then they march down the field and tie it up at the 54th minute. We’ve had a lot of quality shots go all blanks. They get an amazing break opportunity and shoot but Perrata stops it. Rondon does the same one minute later, is on target, they stop it, but Djaniny is there to finish things off in the 67th minute. I put in Sequeira for a tired Martins. Mario Rondon leads another charge and they dispossess him, and again, Djaniny pounces on the loose ball and finishes it. 4-2 at the 74th minute. Final sub – Campos in for a tired Aurelio. I move to defensive. We have three youth/backups out there, in D after all. Sequeira is playing well though, good tackles, interceptions, and more. Game. We win 4-2 today and 7-3 on aggregate. Nicely done! Mom is Djaniny

Stuttgart won, so we will be playing them next. We won 200k. Again.

I flip Cenk Tosun to the starting spot Djaniny holds for a few game,s see what he can do with Rondon.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote