View Single Post
Old 03-21-2024, 05:56 PM   #28
Emmett13
Mascot

2040 Roster Additions

Had 3 scholarships to offer. We brought back essentially everyone besides a handful of backup guard minutes, and since we already had guys I felt comfortable about in house, I decided to go after a couple of posts to prepare for losing the trio of Moss, Hannah, and Thurman after this next season.

I looked for a PG but I didn't make progress on anyone who I knew would take a starting spot, and I lost out to a highly ranked guy who ended up at Alabama.

The plan became moving Stutz to the starting PG, moving ONeal to the 2 and Wallace Power to the bench. We still had Mimms and Amoke on the roster as well, and I just didn't see a lot of perimeter minutes out there.

We didn't add any transfers and signed two prep post recruits:

PF AJ Rushin, 6'9", 253, Katy, Texas, 4*, #50

Definitely the jewel of the class. A legit offensive threat in the post with a nice jump shot all the way out to three, he's a strong passer form the post as well. Isn't quite the defender I'm normally looking for and is just adequate on the glass. But, he gives us a real offensive force at the 4, which is something we've not had since I've been at Oklahoma State.

Eros Zenga, 6'8", 231, Cologne, Germany, 3*, #339

My first foreign recruit. Zenga is a very skilled big man, who like Rushin can shoot the ball and is even better passing than Rushin. The issue is that he's pretty rough defensively. He does compete on the glass, but we'll have to find out if his pros outweigh his cons at the Big XII level.
Emmett13 is offline   Reply With Quote