View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 03:53 PM   #50
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

So tonight it's Athens Academy (1-0) hosting Pace Academy (1-0). In week one we beat a really bad team a lot worse than they beat a typically decent team, not sure if that tells anybody anything about tonight. First football meeting ever between the two schools, prompted (I suspect) by the impending retirement of our headmaster after 30 years at AA. The first 20 years of his career were spent at Pace, his children graduated from their, etc. and the bonds have remained strong between him & his old employer. This game seems to be as much a nod to that relationship as anything.

Webcast as usual, pre-game starts at 715p, kick-off at 730p. Watch live at
Spartans Webcast

Elsewhere ...

More than a dozen games webcast tonight at GHSA Network Video Portal
including Thomas Co Central at Marist, Tucker at North Atlanta, Gainesville at Buford and in what could be a good smallest classification game Clinch County at Eagles Landing Christian.

Not online that I know of but notable tonight are a couple of class A playoff caliber matchups, George Walton vs Aquinas and defending state champ Savannah Christian at Prince Avenue. A fair bit of the face of the private school bracket will take shape after those games are done.