View Single Post
Old 09-14-2016, 08:34 PM   #493
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Race to the World Tour Finals
Pre-Shanghai Edition

** Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't calculate this again until after the Shanghai Masters. However, I'm going to be looking at it week-to-week from this point on, as I will be needing to adjust Mooljee's scheduling choices based in considerable part on how this unfolds, how much of a chance he has of getting in, etc. So I might as well share it with the thread also while I'm doing that.**

In -- the cut line is presently at 4740

Girish Girsh -- 12,710
Gustavo Caratti -- 8,290
Antonin Iglar -- 7,680
Anil Mehul -- 5410
Mugur Kinczllers -- 5120

Kinczllers and Mehul have officially qualified, reducing the number of undetermined spots to three.

Probable

Theodore Bourdet -- 3670

Bourdet is sort of in no-man's land here, and his spot could still come into question if he doesn't get one more good result.

Contenders

Agustin Herrera -- 3305
Bjorn Benda -- 3300
--------------------------------------------------------
Pierce Gaskell -- 3250

Long Shots

Prakash Mooljee -- 2860
Shreya Ujjaval -- 2750
Thiago Herrera -- 2695
Davide Poilblan -- 2505
Tobia Alberti -- 2415
Elias Trulsen -- 2385

The list has shortened by a couple of names already(McCuskey and Federer), and I expect two or three more to drop off after Shanghai. Mooljee's win in Japan essentially leapt him to the head of the class among the long-shots, just in front of Ujjaval. Make no mistake about it though, he's still a long shot. The gap he needs to make up is still considerable(440 points right now), but it was nearly cut in half. With four weeks left, he'll need to take every opportunity to have any real chance to make it. Right now though it's still three playing for two spots(Herrera, Benda, and Gaskell) until somebody demonstrates otherwhise.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 09-14-2016 at 08:39 PM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote