View Single Post
Old 04-01-2005, 12:26 AM   #104
stkelly52
College Benchwarmer

Season Conclusion.

For the fourth consecutive year the Jacksonville Jaguars make it to the Super Bowl. Unlike last year where their kicker was missed all of his field goal attempts, this year the same kicker made all five of his attempts, including the game winner in late if the fourth quarter. Jacksonville has now won 3 of the last four Super Bowls.

Season Awards
Five players are named to the All-Pro team. Center Courtney Falk, OT Jerry Blanchard and DT Thurman Sharpton are all named to the first team. Guard Sammy Delgado is named to the second team, as is Leland Nixon. And, for the first time in his career, Leland Nixon is named League MVP.

It is hard to come away from this season thinking of it as a failure. In many ways it was the best season under my watch. But the reality is that we failed to reach our goals. Perhaps I just set the goals to high. Perhaps I just expected too much out of the Leland. In the end it does not matter. I still feel defeated. But the beauty of it is that I do not have to dwell on this season for long. I can click on the "end Season" button and get to work on another year.

One more note on our season, for the first time in 19 years, this team has earned a profit. We pull in just short of $3.5 million.

Last edited by stkelly52 : 04-01-2005 at 12:26 AM.
stkelly52 is offline   Reply With Quote