View Single Post
Old 05-07-2005, 01:27 AM   #122
stkelly52
College Benchwarmer

Week 5
BYE
I use the week off to rest up and heal a few of my injured players. This is a good time for us to have a break. We use it well and we are in a much better situation as far as injuries.

Week 6
Atlanta 3-1 @ Arizona 4-1
We head into a surprisingly cool Arizona, to take on a solid team. Arizona has been able to win their 3 of their four games by scores of three points or less. They just seem to know how pull out victories in the end.

Arizona's has a knack for winning close games, so we make sure that this isn't a close game. Our defense steps up and completely eliminates the Cardinals' offence. We record a shutout while our offence puts up a comfortable 23 points. Leland was again held under 4 yards per carry, and out of the end zone. He finished the game with 126 yards and 34 carries.

Week 7
Carolina 3-3 @ Atlanta 4-1
Carolina has an undrafted rookie as their starting QB. While he has led the team to three victories, those have been in spite of him, rather than because of him. With our great defense, there is no reason why we should not completely shut down this Panther offence. All we need is a little offence to just put a few points on the board. That should not be too hard either as they have one of the worst run defenses in the NFL.

Facing a defense like the Panthers' we felt our best bet was to run the ball until the proved that they could stop Leland. They never did.
Nixon finished the game with 40 carries, 185 yards, 1 TD, and the MVP award. As I predicted our defense was able to completely neutralize Carolina. We gave up a late TD when the game was already decided, but otherwise we were flawless. Final score, 24-7.

Now for the bad news: three more players were hurt in the contest. While these are not long term injuries, they are not good. We now have 12 players who are hurt. Unfortunately, we don't get another week off this season. This will not affect any of my starters. I am not confident enough with any of their backups to turn to them, so I will take the risk and press on.
stkelly52 is offline   Reply With Quote