View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 11:36 AM   #14
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Well, it seems like forever since we've been able to play, thanks to all the rain and severe weather. Finally played Friday night - very rusty. 8th grade team was down 3-1 and pulled out a 4-3 win in the final inning. 7th grade team won 3-1. Caitlin pitched the final inning and got the "save" (I guess). She also struck out and walked.

Yesterday, we played a round-robin tournament with 3 other teams about 90 minutes away. Our little one had a soccer game late morning, so we decided to both go to her soccer game and then get to the softball games late instead of splitting up for the day. The tournament was for the 8th grade team, so we figured Caitlin wouldn't play much. Turns out she was the starting pitcher in the first game! First time she's pitched in an 8th grade game. Sucks we couldn't be there to see it.

She pitched 4 innings, gave up 3 hits, 1 walk and 2 Ks. They won 7-1. Team won the last 2 games 7-6 and 18-5 to win the tournament. Caitlin hit a double in her last AB, but struck out a couple of times earlier. Definitely rusty with all the time off.

So we're supposed to play Tuesday and Wednesday before the conference tournament next weekend. Tuesday could get rained out though.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote