View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 02:28 AM   #13
StLee
High School Varsity

Week 4

I am a week behind my updates. Every time I had the time to post stats last week, I didn't have my stats sheet with me. So I will post two times this week for my team's results. I'll post the second one in a couple of days.
-----------

In Week 4, we took on the only remaining undefeated team in the league, the Master Batters. Our team was down Johnson again, but the Master Batters were missing the first overall pick in the league, and former two-time league MVP Brandon Brown.

Though they were down a player, the Master Batters are still solid defensively, and they held us in check. We didn’t score at all in the first and the Batters scored a run. In the second, we scored a run, but the Batters answered with three to take a 4-1 lead. We go shut out again in the 3rd inning, and they scored three more to make it 7-1. We put two in the fourth and fifth innings and held them scoreless to make it 7-5 after five. In the sixth, we tied it up in the top of the inning, but the Master Batters got two of their own in the inning. We couldn’t get a run in the 7th, and the Master Batters held on for a 9-7 victory.

In the game, I decided to juggle our batting order a bit, including moving myself way up in the order. However, we went down in runs. Too many people hit the ball in the air, and the Master Batters just did not drop fly balls, so it could have been a set of circumstances coupled with great defense for us to score our season low.

Lineup:
1 – Keeler – LF
2 – Sundell – RROV/RF
3 – Lee – 3B
4 – Halbreich – SS
5 – Gonzalez – 2B
6 – DeBree – RF
7 – MJ – C/LROV
8 – Frank – CF
9 – McMillan – RROV
10 – Dustin – 1B
11 – MaryKay – LROV
12 – Camille – C/LROV

Top 1st:
Keeler – out
Sundell – out
Lee – 1B
Halbreich – out

Top 2nd: Trailing 1-0
Gonzalez – HR (1-1)
DeBree – out
MJ – out
Frank – 1B
McMillan – out

Top 3rd: Trailing 4-1
Dustin – fly out
MaryKay – single
Camille – fielder’s choice
Keeler – out

Top 4th: Trailing 7-1
Sundell – 1B
Lee – 2-RBI HR (3-7) – Like a lot of teams, they shifted on me, leaving a huge gap in RCF. I hit it there and kept running as fast as my big belly could carry me.
Halbreich – out
Gonzalez – out
DeBree – 1B
MJ – out

Top 5th: Trailing 7-3
Frank – 2B
McMillan – out
Dustin – RBI double (4-7)
MaryKay – 1B
Camille – RBI FC (5-7) – nice hit over the shortstop’s head, but MaryKay didn’t get to second in time.
Keeler – 1B
Sundell – out

Top 6th: Trailing 7-5
Lee – 1B
Halbreich – 1B
Gonzalez – out, runners advanced
DeBree – 2-RBI double (7-7)
MJ – GO
Frank – FO

Top 7th: Trailing 9-7
McMillan – 1B
Dustin – FO
MaryKay – 4-6-3 DP

Softball in Korea 1 and 2: http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...softball+korea + http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=83736
StLee is offline   Reply With Quote