View Single Post
Old 12-17-2014, 12:29 AM   #33
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We open up in a lightly wooded area in the fringes of the locals.

We win init and set up behind a copse of trees. They are diagonal on the other side.

Turn 1 – I run the Greyhound, with MASC, around the trees to set up a chance to snipe while I move the other three units into position in the woods themselves. They slide the long range mechs to the side to line up shots on our Greyhound, and then we have their Commando moving into the woods as well. Our Greyhound misses with its ER Medium Lasers at long range. They hit with an Ultra AC 5 off the Wolverine for just 5 damage and that’s it.

Turn 2. We lose init. I move our units into the copse, which are about three-two hexes wide at most. Their Commando follows and they push their Valkyrie into a nice place to bomb some LRMs over. Our Greyhound uses normal speed to back behind the woods, where only the Wolverine can see us. We push some fire into the Commando, including hitting it a few times with the Griffin IIc’s large laser and LRM5s. (Clan LRMs have no minimum range). Their Phoenix Hawk, which leapt over in support of their Commando misses but accidentally set the woods on fir with a laser.

Turn 3 – We win init. I move our forces into the fire and smoke – we can use this tactically. They move out some forces, and expose the Commando. We push, and I run our Sentry right up on the Commando. We hit the Commando multiple times, and the Watchman’s machine gun array destroys the Commando’s LA. Meanwhile our Greyhound, who MASC’d up to their Valkyrie and based it, hits it twice with SRM6 streaks and an ER medium laser, and it falls from the damage. Our Sentry kicks the Commando and destroys its LL as well and its down.

With that, their Pixie and Wolverine hop off, and the Valkyrie rises and jumps away as well. Their MW ejects from the Commando and we let her leave.

We have captured:

Commando, missing LA, LL

We win the first skirmish. And now they have 28 mechs.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote