View Single Post
Old 12-17-2014, 12:27 PM   #36
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Alright, here we go!

We set up in the SW corner and prepare to face their threats.

Turn 1 – We win init. I use our Daishi as a pear around which to attack. I then move folks around the Daishi. Our Gunslinger steps into some mines and the Orion does as well. Our Daishi opens up firing on their Falconer and we’ll see where it goes from there. The Daishi, firing first, hits the Falconer so many times, and clocks the head twice with SRM6 Streak missiles and the pilot blacks out. They miss with TAG and Arrow IVs. Our Starslayer had hopped over a wall and by a tank that moved out. It immobilizes the tank with its SRM4. Meanwhile we keep peppering the Falconer, and hit its gauss rifle and it explodes, destroys the RA and RT, and hits the engine and gyro each once , then our Enforcer’s LB10X hits the engine 3x more times and it’s taken down. Kill #1. They carve our Daishi with gausses, missiles, and more. Our Daishi has taken 68 damage, and falls from the damage.

Turn 2 – We win init. We hid two units behind a modest hill, and they have exposed their Victor’s back. I jump my Nobori-Nin clan mech over to its rear. I run my BattleMaster and Orion up to support the fallen Daishi. It rises, and backs up a step. Our foes haven’t fought clan mechs I’m sure, so having these here has to scare them a bit. I use our Marauder as a large scout mech and hop over the wall (it has all pulse lasers, jump jets, and an LB10x, so it’s very jumpy) I hope our Enforcer behind the damaged Arrow IV unit. See if I can’t take it out. We hit two more minefields this turn. We order a lot of weapons into their Thunderbolt. Our Enforcer hits the ammo and the tank explodes. Dead tank! Our Nobori-Nin does little to thee Victor. Ah well. Our Daishi lets loose and destroys the Thunderbolt’s RA, and then hits the anti-missile system ammo in the RT and it explodes (CASE). Our BattleMaster follows that with more damage into their Thunderbolt, and destroys its CT. Meanwhile our Marauder savages their Huron Warrior and goes internal in multiple places before the ‘Mech loses three engine hits to LB10X missiles – one in the CT and two in the RT. Their mechs continue to savage our Daishi but it stands. Our BM falls though from some fire on it. Their Hatchetman kicks the Daishi, goes internal, and our Daishi falls.

Turn 3 – We have killed three mechs and a tank in two turns. They begin to mobilize their forces to move out. We have this last turn to attack them and they will leave afterwards. We win init. I’d like to take out their other tank if possible. Our Daishi has lost almost 50% of its armor. But it fell behind a small hill and is out of sight right now. Our BM stands. I hop our Starslayer beside their Archer. I move our Marauder behind their Catapult. I split out fire over a few targets. Our Nobori-Nin destroys the front of their second tank. Our Daishi carves into their Hatchetman, opens it up, and nails two leg actuators in their LL. Their Hatchetman reciprocates by hitting the Daishi with its own LB10X, hitting the head once and the LL once for a leg actuator as well. Our Marauder hits the ammo in the Catapult. (CASE) . Our BM destroys the RA of their Hatchetman. Their Catapult falls and their pilot blacks out. Their Hatchetman falls. Their Victor, who took double gauss slugs and an alpha strike of lasers from our Gunslinger falls. None of ours do. Our Daishi kicks the downed Hatchetman and destroys its CT>

Their Victor rises and hops away. I don’t want to run into any more mines on that side of the defensive cordon.

Falconer, missing RT, RA, hit gyro and enginex4.
Huron Warrior enginex3
Catapult missing RT, RA

Thunderbolt H, LT, LA, LL, RL
Hatchetman H, RL, LL, RT, LA

Regulator Hovertank – FR destroyed

Kill – Enforcerx2, BattleMaster, Marauder, Nobori-Nin, Daishi

We destroyed two tanks, and killed or captured 5 mechs. They had three leave (Archer, Victor, Crusader).

That was a nasty fight.

Our foes are down to 23 mechs, and several are damaged.

This is what happens when you have the better weapons, tech, and folks.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote