View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 08:52 AM   #2537
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
In my mind that would have defeated the purpose of the role entirely though. Many of the powers that were there are powers mostly because you know they are possible.

I think if I ever have an ability or game mechanic like that again, the question to take from this was:

Was the mechanic too punative or not?

It seems that more people liked the ability than didn't like it, but alot more people thought it was too punishing vs those who thought it was ok.

I think part of the fun of games like this one are the suprises that catch you off guard (but don't imbalance the game). So I doubt I would want to announce something like that being a power in the game.

I don't quite agree that letting people know defeats the purpose of it. It can cause a lot of intrigue -- if you want to pull a late vote switch, you have to be careful when you do it. On the other hand, I don't have a problem with people losing AP because of it. But on the OTHER hand, I was well dead by then, so I don't know how I would have felt if I were actually in the game. It might have sucked to lose an action because of it, but on the other hand, it must have really cleared some people -- no wolf would have been caught losing actions from this, I'd imagine.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote