View Single Post
Old 11-20-2019, 08:26 AM   #7079
revrew
Team Chaplain

Ford vs. Ferrari - 8/10

While I can't call this a cinematic masterpiece or even one of the "best of the year," it was, simply, a well-made, engaging, enjoyable movie.

The characters were likeable, the cars (oh, the cars!) were gorgeous, the story was compelling, and there was just enough humor in it to break up its somewhat slower pace.

I also noticed, afterward upon further research, that the movie's final, climactic scenes were remarkable true to the real-life story, so bonus points for that.

My wife, who is by no means a car buff, nor does she swoon over Matt Damon or Christian Bale, nonetheless, really enjoyed this movie, probably more than I did. Surprisingly good date flick.

If you like going to the movies for the experience, for the entertainment, for the wonder of being caught up in stories and characters, then Ford v. Ferrari is your kind of movie. If you want something new, edgy, if you roll your eyes in cinematic snobbery if you can predict the ending, if it doesn't make you happy unless it somehow breaks new ground or makes some social statement ... then no, this isn't your movie. And also, I don't really care what you think
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote