View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 07:36 AM   #95
MIJB#19
Coordinator

General Manager Notes: The 2081 Hijack
The word is out. Ellis McAlister, Walt Blair and Chandler Posante have told me they want Antonio Battle's salary. Battle refused a much richer contract than he requested, which also resulted in us being over the cap after early free agency and a 3rd round pick penalty in return. Cutting Battle would increase our dead cap space to nearly $100M on a $448M salary cap.

Part of me wants to cut all of their asses, but then, what kind of team will we have left after losing our starting quarterback, starting running back, starting defensive tackle and third linebacker? Our team would be depleted.

It might come as no surprise, I'm afraid of the implications of these hold outs. Battle's roster spot has been filled, we've got two talented younger linebackers, boosted the secondary with two talented cornerbacks. But losing Posante would downgrade the defensive line and losing Blair and/or McAlister would destroy our offense.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote