View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 03:51 PM   #1
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Wichita West and the GWAL

The GWAL has been granted membership to Division I NCAA basketball.
The GWAL will be prestige 5. I decided to try something different, I got an average rating of all the schools that were in prestige 5 conferences, and I have made all GWAL schools start with a team prestige of 76. All head coaches in the GWAL will begin with a coach prestige of 8.

Now obviously that may create havoc for the first season, as conference play could be pretty even. But I expect teams to have a rise or fall in prestige based on w-l record, schedule strength, recruiting results, and assistant coaches. I guarantee not all the GWAL schools will be prestige 76 schools after season 1.

I am taking over Wichita West. For those that need a recap of the GWAL schools, we have:

Bishop Carroll
Wichita East
Wichita Heights
Kapaun Mt. Carmel
Wichita North
Wichita Northwest
Wichita South
Wichita Southeast
Wichita West

I am using the coaches file the korme was nice enough to create for us. The story on the GWAL is they are one of the best high school basketball leagues in my state, and I wanted to make them a prestige 5 NCAA conference and see how they fare. Quite simply, I will be staying at Wichita West (my alma mater) and will not be taking another job at another school unless I am fired from Wichita West.

Last edited by collegesportsfanms : 04-01-2013 at 04:14 PM.
collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote