View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 08:33 PM   #3
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

May 2012

Schaplowsky hired as new Wichita West coach

A new era has begun at Wichita West, as the newest NCAA d1 school has hired 32 year old Mike Schaplowsky as their head coach. The GWAL is the newest conference to be in the NCAA, and Wichita West is a part of it. When asked about the opportunity, coach Schaplowsky said he was elated to be a part of it. As far as career goals, Schaplowsky had this to say, "I played here several years ago, and they are gonna have to fire me to get rid of me. Seriously, I don't plan on leaving this great establishment anytime soon, and if I can coach my whole career here, I will." When asked about his goals, here was Mikes response. "Well obviously I want to win titles. NIT titles, NCAA titles, preseason and midseason tournament titles, it doesn't matter to me, I want titles. I also want Wichita West to get to a prestige of 90 or above. Those are my 2 main goals for the program."

Here is a look at Mikes coach card:

Code:
Mike Schaplowsky - Head Coach - Wichita West -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Age: 32 High School: Northeast Magnet High School Hometown: Wichita, KS Alma Mater: Cowley College Current Level: 8 Career Record: 0 - 0 Recruiting: 46 Scouting: 87 Offense: 45 Defense: 82 Coaching History: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season Team Position W L CW CL Postseason -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Awards & Achievements: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season Award -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- No awards won. Job Movement: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season Move -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2012 Hired by Wichita West (Head Coach)
collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote