View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 01:46 PM   #253
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Pitt went on to beat #2 seed Kansas 72-68 in the Elite 8 and advance to the Final 4.

They faced 4 seed Texas who beat 3 seed Louisville 88-85 in the South Regional.

Texas beat Pittsburgh 93-82 to advance to the National Championship Game.

The other side of the Final 4 featured UNC who cruised past LSU 110-82 in the Elite 8.

They faced 8 seed Arizona who beat #2 Georgetown 78-71.

UNC beat Arizona 102-77.

Texas upset UNC in the National Championship Game, 80-78. SR PG Bienvenu Stehly led the way with 19 points and 7 assists.

Maury Gomez, a senior center from George Washington, won National Player of the year. He averaged 24.3 ppg, 8.7 rpg, and 2.5 bpg.

Rashard Osimani of Youngstown won Mid-Major Player of the Year over Andres. The SR PF scored 17.9 ppg and had 10.1 rpg along with 2.8 bpg.

Roy Williams of UNC won Coach of the Yar.

Gervais Korakic, a SR PF won defensive player of the year. He averaged 3.1 bpg.

Gomez won Big Man of the Year.

Brennon Norris of Duke won Freshman of the Year. A PF he averaged 8 ppg and 6.2 rpg. He is expected to be 1 and done. He was a former #1 player in HS.

I won Metro Atlantic Coach of the Year.

Willie Andres won Metro Atlantic Player of the Year. He finished with 19.6 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 1.6 apg, 1.7 spg, and 0.2 bpg.

Everett Huffman won Metro Atlantic Freshman of the Year. He averaged 8.8 ppg, 6.0 apg, 1.5 spg.

Andres was our only player to make All Conference 1st team.

Huffman made 2nd team all conference.

Snow and Huffman made Metro Atlantic All Freshman team. Snow averaged 12.2 ppg and 1.3 apg.

Several BIG jobs are open. Boeheim and Roy williams both retired. Neither school has me anywhere on their short list.

North Carolina hires Nevada's coach. Syracuse hires Creighton's coach.

However, I do have many mid-major programs pursuing me. Misouri State is very interested. However, their 3 best players are leaving and I don't see the MVC being a huge upgrade from the MAAC.

Niagara just extended my deal for 3 more years and I decide to pass on this offer as it just doesn't offer anything that I want.

None of the other offers appeal to me either and I decide to stay put for another year even though I know this could be a rebuilding year.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote