View Single Post
Old 03-30-2008, 12:07 PM   #284
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Graves was on fire early and everyone else is contributing. Up 21-13 at the 12 minute mark at which point Graves needs a breather.

I didn't change any settings between the horrible losing streak and now, but my team is playing like a different team. Collins drilling his midrange jumpers (finally), Snow is finally getting some decent looks and drilling his 3's, and our inside game is clicking. Maybe Owensworth's senior presence is helping stabilize the kids?

Or maybe I spoke too soon. A 12-0 run gives them a 36-33 lead with 6 minutes to go. I get Everett and Graves back into the game.

At halftime, we are down 50-43. They are shooting 3's in the weak spots of the zone defense. Channing, their SG, has 14 points, 3 boards, and 3 steals and is the player of the half.

Graves leads our team with 14 points. Collins has 9, Ortiz 8, Snow 6, Simon 4, and Owensworth 4.

With 11 mintues left and a close game 68-62, we are down, Simon hurts his ankle

2 minutes later he comes back into the game. We are now down 72-62. Our staff thinks he just has a slight sprain.

We are down by 12 with 6 minutes to go when Everett and Graves come back in. 77-65.

We get Graves a great look in the corner, but he misses the 3. They come down on the other end and drill a 3.

We execute offensively down the stretch, but our defense can't stop them. We lose 86-76. I'm still happy to see that our offense is finally showing up.

Jerrell Quick, their SR star SF, had 25 points, 5 boards, and 5 assists.

Graves led us with 22 points, 4 boards, 2 assists, 2 steals, and 2 turnovers. He shot 10 of 16, 1 of 5, and 1 of 2.

Everett had 0 points and 4 assists.

Collins ahd 13 points, 1 board, 3 assists, and 3 steals.

Owensworth had 6 points, 5 boards, 2 assists, and 2 steals.

Simon had 8 points, 12 boards, 5 assists, 2 steals, and 2 blocks. He shot 3 of 12.

Snow had 12 points and Ortiz had 14.

In our simulated game, we pull off the upset against a good Rider team. We beat them 65-62.

Everett led the team with 13 points and 4 assists.

Graves had 6 points, 4 boards, 6 assists, and 3 steals.

Collins had 4 points and 6 boards.

Owensworth had 12 points and 5 boards.

Simon had 11 points, 6 boards, and 2 blocks.

Snow had 11 points.

I have 3 games left in the regular season so I decide to sim the next one and then play the 2nd to last and sim the final game. The next game is against powerhouse Siena. They are 22-3 and the undisputed most powerful team in the conference. They beat us 68-61 at our place earlier in the year. Now, we are playing them at their place.

We lose to Siena 85-75.

Snow led the team in scoring with 17.

Everett had 13 points and 2 asssits.

Graves had 8 points, 5 boards, 3 assists, and 2 blocks.

Simon had 7 points and 10 boards. Meeking had 10 points.

We are now 9-17 and the AD is starting to become displeased. I don't think I'm in any danger of being fired this year, but we better turn it around next year.

Our next game is hosting Marist. They are 14-11. They are slightly more talented than we are, but they are one of the best shooting teams in the conference.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote