View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 03:11 PM   #5
Big Six
High School Varsity

3 September 2006

Training camp opened today, with 53 aspiring Majors hitting the ice for the first time. I figured this was a great time to introduce you to our coaching staff. I have been busy hiring talented coaches, and so far I'm pleased with the results of my efforts.

Head Coach: Philip Atkinson
Nationality: USA
Contract: 3 years @ $67,500/year

I chose Coach Atkinson for his wide-ranging coaching talents; he can do it all, with the possible exception of coaching goalies.

Assistant Coach: Ian Madden
Nationality: USA

Contract: 2 years @ $20,000/year
Coach Madden is an especially good tactician, and his talents for coaching forwards and defensemen are probably as good as those of any coach in the OHL. I expect Ian will be a head coach one day.

Assistant Coach: James Rhéaume
Nationality: Canada
Contract: 2 years @ $19,000/year

Coach Rhéaume brings experience and maturity to our staff, plus a real talent for the care and feeding of goaltenders.

Head Scout: Calvin Hamilton
Contract: 2 years @ $10,500/year

I don't think I can have enough good scouts, and Calvin is a good one. He's the head of a nine-man team that should give us the ability to evaluate players all over Ontario.

Trainer: Piero Hoffman
Contract: 4 years @ $19,000/year

Hoff and Calvin are the sole holdovers from our staff. I was delighted to see a trainer with Hoff's ability working with an OHL squad.

You may notice I didn't mention an assistant GM. The guy I have looks like he'd be over his head in a beer league, and I'm actively working to replace him. He also combines an alarming lack of Adaptability with a remarkable inability to work with young players.
Big Six is offline   Reply With Quote