View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 09:54 AM   #155
QuikSand
lolzcat

Draft update:

2.21 RB Hector Schwartz - need position, as detailed, and I think he gives us something to work with... my scout sees max bar in Breakaway, Outside Speed, and Punt Returning, and near-max in Special Teams and the various receiving stats (plus blitz pickup). Bundle all that together, and I'm hoping I can end up using him as a swiss army knife a bit like a guy I love in IHOF. 2nd round might be a reach, especially if those max bars turn into merely good bars, but I didn't love our other options here. Tried to trade out, didn't get serious interest.

2.27 WR Ralph Cote - similar situation, intriguing skill set, the sort of guy I always fall for: scout sees max BPR, max avoid drops, nearmax getting downfield, and then a little more here and there. If he pans out, he could develop into the yang to Kirk Jacobs' yin. On another team, they could be a WR1/WR2 combo... here, they project as WR3/WR4 at best.

3.21 CB Jeremiah Freeney - we have been deep and solid at CB, and he looks the part to keep us that way for a while. Scout sees a max bar in bump, and solid support behind that. Not looking for a CB1 here, just maybe a CB3/4. Good enough to be active for special teams, but not a gunner.

Probably improved over last year's disaster.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote