View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 08:13 AM   #167
QuikSand
lolzcat

Sorry for the abruptness today, I'm otherwise occupied.

Big results thread is here

Offense ran smoothly, QB Mathews and WR Duran ended up #1/#2 in Ben's custom MVP tally. Duran again unjustly denied his rightful place as king. Below Duran, our other WR targets were solid - Vukmir 868 9.64, Dodge 515 8.62 - but our non-WR targets sucked some life from the offense - TE/FB O'Neil 451 6.83, TE Paulsen 421 7.52. The $14m spent on Paulsen doesn't feel like a great investment, meh. Rushing game was weak again, I wanted carries to be split but must have erred, Kelly was 228-772 for 3.4 ypc, not good enough.

Defensively, not enough pass rush. PR% only 19.0, 13th best, and our DBs are not good enough to do the job without help. We did hold opponents to 7.33 yards per attempt passing, but needed to do better.

11-5, half game out of winning the division (Cleveland, ugh), and we are the #5 seed. We're #6 in the league power rankings, so it's somewhat unjust, but such are the whims of artificially important divisional lines.

Decent season, we might be primed for a bump forward next year, I think. Playoffs should be our usual one and out.

Last edited by QuikSand : 06-28-2018 at 08:13 AM.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote