View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018, 04:23 AM   #179
Squirrel
Mascot

I've been on a roll lately in GML Quik but there's loads of luck in that, particularly on the circumstances around player acquisition.

I play a lot stricter for chem in IHOF (mainly because I spend less time on it) and there I'm getting what I consider to be the normal returns to chem...which you surpass routinely.

Way I look at it is: Suppose a median drafter GM who hits rex and doesn't do anything very sub-optimal with cap, position value etc will have an 8-8 run rate long-term. Then that guy starts to do chem, which I view as a cap strategy first and foremost, meaning it's possible to keep more talent on the roster and thereby squeeze out another win or two; so call it 10 wins run rate. That's a playoff team just from that.

Maybe there's then another win available from working the angles experienced MP FOFers know (better than I do) like cohesion, reducing turnovers, run/pass efficiency etc. That's now 11 wins run rate. For me I probably need to take say a win off for having zero interest in gameplanning, playbooks etc which I purposefully neglect. So that leaves a run rate of 10 wins, which means a playoff contender more often than not. That's pretty much where my teams seem to land.

Oh, and in drafting, I'm increasingly coming to the view after much trial and error that drafting non-chem makes sense when scouting is good, and doesn't when it isn't. But that isn't a very data-driven view and it's probably wrong

Last edited by Squirrel : 07-05-2018 at 04:32 AM.
Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote