View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 11:50 AM   #188
Calis
College Starter

Yeah, GSP absolutely manhandled him. I think he squashed any doubts that the first fight wasn't a fluke, and I can't imagine the 3rd fight going any differently than this one. Man, his takedowns are just unbelievable. I can't imagine what Serra's ribs feel like also. Brutal fight.

Franklin's escape from Lutter's armbar was one of the best I've seen, extremely slick move. I thought he was in serious trouble there, but Lutter once again showed his lack of endurance.

There's some fights left at middleweight now. I think a Quarry/Bisping fight would be a fun fight to watch, and they could hype up a Bisping/Franklin fight as a main event type fight if they wanted for another England card. Still nothing for Silva, but the division is shaping up a bit better than in the past.

I think there is some quality LHW matches coming up, and still some good stuff. I think Jardine vs. Wandy will be a fun fight to watch. Chuck vs. Evans I can't see being good, but anything with Chuck will bring in the fans. I'm excited to see Machida against Tito, and I think can finally help bring Machida into the limelight more. Hopefully Shogun can bounce back after his surgery and look better than he did against Forrest. Thiago Silva is another guy who has a lot of interesting match-ups. I think the LHW division is in extremely good shape right now.

The Heavyweight Division is up in the air though. I think Werdum vs. Vera will be a good match, and apart from that it is up in the air. I mean the next hyped fight in that division is what, Lesnar vs. Coleman? That's not good. Sucks, I'd really have liked to see Couture vs. Big Nog. If Cro-Cop hadn't been a wash another match-up from those two would've been big. I wish Barnett didn't have such issues with UFC, because he opens up some good matches as well.

The next UFC card is looking like a very stacked card. I'm excited about that one.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote