View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 02:32 PM   #11
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

After a 19-19 season where the Jazz failed to make the CBL playoffs, the team decided to cash its young asset in. Bishop, 18, thinks he's ready for the NBA, but most NBA teams are still wary of the young player feeling he's not as "battle tested" enough and afraid that by picking the youngster if he were to declare for the draft, it would give other young players hope that they should defer their education.

"It's a bad sign," said one NBA executive. "He's no-doubt talented, but let's see him produce for a long time and then we can revisit it someday."

Bishop said he's learned a lot in his first year in the pro ranks. "It's not high school man, I'll tell you that. It's a different grind all day, every day. But I think I'm getting better."

The Jazz, meanwhile, have sold Bishop's contract to Russia's CSKA Moscow. Bishop said he's not sure how he feels about going to Russia, but understanding that he'll have a chance to start rather than sitting on the bench in the NBA on a good team -- he's slated as a late 1st rounder -- he is poised to head to Russia and see if he can build on his accomplishments in the Canadian league.

Spoiler

Last edited by Young Drachma : 07-13-2013 at 02:32 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote