View Single Post
Old 11-01-2021, 10:11 AM   #918
Swaggs
Coordinator

I worry a lot about the NIL stuff at schools like mine (West Virginia). I am aware of a few contracts that are out, but they are with the car dealership that provides cars to the coaches, local law firms, and sports-themed shops/restaurants.

Between the NIL and the transfer portal with immediate eligibility (which I still don't completely understand), it seems like the schools a tier ahead of us will be able to poach from us (we lost two starting DBs to Georgia and Auburn - one left with his position coach) and we will, in-turn have to poach from the schools a tier below us. I think football can still be fun, but it is just going to be a lot different than the days of seeing 4th and 5th year system guys that make programs like ours able to compete on a more national scale every 4 or 5 years.

I'm interested to see how basketball will work. I think we've already had almost ten kids enter the portal during the season. I think college basketball is going to be insane with transfers and NIL-baiting, because one or two kids can make a huge difference in basketball.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote