View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 12:05 AM   #164
Calis
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Interesting, since the spoiler I read indicated the opposite -- that Lesnar was booed heartily before the match but applauded after his post-fight interview.

(I had a feeling it might be a second-rate blogger I was reading, that's kind of why I mentioned this to see if the same impression was gotten by those here who were watching)

Oh I could be wrong, to be honest I wasn't paying much attention. I did notice Austin getting a big round of cheers, and I know the fans were booing when Lesnar started talking because he even mentioned it, but I don't think he was picked on really. I don't remember the pre-fight reaction so maybe they did boo him.

Really for losing in a short amount of time this did little damage to him long term. He looked like he just got caught, and I had a feeling going in that it would be an ankle or knee that would end this one. I figured he probably didn't train against that enough and would be unfamiliar. He looked huge and menacing and laid down some good hits in the time he had and got caught. He lost in a way where he didn't get dominated and I think he's in ok shape to continue. I'm surprised they threw him to the sharks like they did to start with, but I guess with the amount they're paying him they didn't want to waste time. The fight went about how I expected.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote