View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 11:15 PM   #101
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

May 1 – After meeting with Sun-Tzu, Duke Essex takes his next important meeting to establish his fledgling state. He arrives at a planet he has always wanted to visit.

Welcome to Terra

Precentor William Blane rises to shake Duke Essex’s hands, and then sits. Both have their various aides with them.

“You wanted this meeting, Duke. How can the Word serve you?”

“I thought it was time to get together. We each have something the other wants.”

“Indeed.”

“I know ComStar, and now Word of Blake has had a lot of old technology from the Star League era, usually not giving it out the Inner Sphere at all. The number of secrets you have could stagger a mule. Let’s begin by seeing if you have the specs for these.”

Duke Essex hands the Precentor a hand device with a drawing and notes.

“Let’s suppose that we do have this. What are your offering?

“I’m offering the beginning of a discussion between our two organizations to work more…closely…together.”

“I’m listening…”

….

“We don’t have specs, we have just three in storage. I can give you one, and your scientist and techs can try to figure it out and make more.”

“You’ll help us with our issue, and we’ll help you with yours. You get some of our spare mechs, and we get the technology plus the other services. “

“You know what we really want. “

“I do, and I am willing to give it to you. In exchange, I want this planet. It will be our target in a few years. If you deliver it to us, you will get what you really want. “

“You dream big.”

“That’s why I’m letting you know now, so you can start working on it.”

“We’ll also want the first run of mechs. “

“We can do that.”

“Then, we are agreed, Duke.”

“Yes we are.”

We have transferred 25 mechs to the Word of Blake from our garrison, mostly level 1 mechs. They have the technology and facilities to outfit them with level 2 tech en masse, so they will update them and equip them – they have a ton of MechWarrriors but not as many mechs for them.

We hand them:

Clint
Blackjackx2
Wasp
UrbanMechx2
Pantherx3
Shadow Hawk
Ostroc
Cyclopsx2
UM-63 Urbie
Cicada
Locust
Stingerx2
Banshee
Rifleman
Dervish
JagerMech
Centurion
Merlin
Charger

They have given us two things. First of all, they have transferred a number of ROM agents to us. That means they will know what we know, but as Chief Foster says, they probably already knew what we knew. We get a lot of highly trained and highly capable intelligence assets. We also get access to some ROM files - not everything of course, but some low level stuff. Now we should be a lot better at stopping sabotage and doing research. Chief Ingrid Foster remains in charge of the Apollo Office.

Secondly, they have given us something very special from the Star League era. One of three remaining Storm Inhibitors. These Star league technology surrounded a planet like satellites and contain massive storms. Bryant used to have these, and the entire planet was able to be populated. They were destroyed in the Amaris Wars and the climate of Bryant turned hostile again. If we can take this apart and learn how to construct it, we can restore Bryant.

We announce to the Celestial Coalition council that we discovered it on an exploration mission. We give it to the scientists and techs at Kressly Warworks to begin to dissect it. They have clan techs, scientists and are our best shot at it. They are given a grant of money from the government to work on it.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 06-08-2022 at 01:45 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote