View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 09:37 AM   #104
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We are on a map with some houses to the east, roads, and a few trees and grass. We are on the north and they on the south.

Turn 1 – We win init. I charge my larger units down the west lane, past some hills and a small pond. I rush my Jenner next to their Cicada. We concentrate fire on their Starslayer a bit and their cicada a bit. They concentrate fire on our Archer. Their SS falls. Nothing else major happens – the first round was longer range with a lot of shots missing.

Turn 2 – We win init. Our Archer moves into some light woods. Their SS gets up and moves off the hill it was on as I move my mechs forward. Our Locust runs behind their Dervish out from behind some buildings Our Jenner bases their Cicada and Longbow, above the Longbow. Our Awesome runs and gets up and close with their Wolverine. Our Jenner smashes the engine twice on their Cicada. Their Orion smashes our Locusts RA to pieces. Our Hunch smashes the CT open of our Wolverine with its AC20 and hits the engine three times with a crit roll and it shuts down. Our Stalker smashes a hip actuator on their Wolverine. Their Wolvie falls. Our Awesome kicks and destroys its RT and it shuts down – XL engine. We both lost a Wolverine this turn.

Turn 3 – We roll and 11 and lose init to their mighty 12. I back our damaged Locust back behind some buildings. Our T Bolt, Marauder, BattleMaster and Awesome round the hill on their west flank. Stinger behind their Dervish. Our Locust hits its rear armor twice, and its thin already. If we can penetrate it, that would be nice. Our Comet leaps behind their Starslayer. We concentrate some fire on their Dragon Fire. Our Comet needed 8s to hit their Starslayer and fired all 7 of its weapons – every single one missed. PPC to the H of their Dragon Fire and we go internal and smash the sensors. Good job Merlin! Despite taking 100 damage, their Dragon fire stands, and our BattleMaster from 60 damage keeps up to. I need to fire SRM and LRms on their Dragon Fire ot finish it off in the head. We need spread weapons.

Turn 4 – We win init. Their Tarantula leaps behind and next to my Archer and Merlin. I leave both where they are. I back our Locust back even more behind buildings., the same with my damaged Jenner. Their Dervish jumps to a place where it is back against a building to keep it safe from further back attacks. Our Comet leaps behind their Longbow, but won’t be able to do much – overheat already. I back our BM and bring out the Awesome to hopefully switch their targets of fire. Our Marauder rushes to the rear of their woods. Our Stinger bases their Dragon Fire and Cicada. Their Urbie bases our Awesome. Our T Bolt backs around the Urbie and plants itself right in t hrear arc. Their Hunchback falls when walking backward down terrain. Their Mauler hits the ammo on our Archer and ignites it and it explodes. Dead Archer. Our Marauder hits the gauss in the Dragon Fire, destroys the LA, the damage carries to the LT and destroys it, dead mech – XL. Now we’ve both lost a heavy mech. Our T Bolt kicks the Hip on their Urbie. Our Merlin kicks and destroys the RLL of their Tarantula. Both fall to the ground. After missing a kick, our stinger joins them.

Turn 5 – We win init. Our Merlin stays still beside their tarantula, in case it cannot stand. Their Dervish jumps beside our savaged jenner. Our Stinger stands and runs next to the Dervish. Their Urbie can’t stand. Our Awesome bases their Orion. Their Hunch manages to make it to its feet, and their Tarantula follows suit and scampers away. Our Marauder bases their Orion too. Our Comet bases their Starslayer. Their Cicada skids, hits our Jenner and pushes it from the field. Our BM gets a through armor critical on their Maule and smashes its gyro twice. Well, we can both get lucky kills off that I suppose. Our Merlin destroys their Tarantula;s RT and it shuts down – XL engine. Their time our Comet needed a 6 for all seven weapons targeting their Starslayer and hit with all 7. It falls under the furious onslaught of a mech less than half its weight. Our Awesome took 80 damage and fell. Minor physical attacks ensue

Our merc foes are just raiding, and they don’t want to suffer too much in the attack. But they have our Jenner away, our Locust is basically dead, they have blasted our Archer and Wolverine, and they have badly injured our Awesome, which is ground-ward. They have lost a Mauler, Wolverine, Tarantula and Dragon Fire, and have badly damaged Starslayer, and Cicada. They decide to call it before it gets too pricey and they begin to retreat. We allow them to leave, fearing a trap and needing to secure the factory.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote