View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 06:01 PM   #110
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

T1 - We lose init. We begin with just the Cauldron-Born and Kingfisher, two clans mechs. With massive numerical superiority, they charge forward at our two mechs. I want to take out two major threats this turn – the Partisan and the SRM Carrier. Leading with a Gauss Rifle, and then following git with with missiles, lasers and an LB-5X, the Cauldron-Born ignites the fuel tank ofn their Partisan and it explodes. Boom! Our Kingfisher destroys the SRM Carriers front side, and it is dead too. Before it dies, the SRM Carrier nails a foot actuator on the Kingfisher. Their Striker also nails its gyro onc. It fall sunder the onslaught.

T2 – We lose init. This turn we get two more mechs, but they aren’t major ones. We get a Locust IIc and a Spider. After one failure, we manage to stand the Kingfisher and turn to protect the open right flank. Our Cauldron Born runs a bit and spins, back to a building, with some buildings in the way. Our LCT IIc bases their Blackjack. They push 5 tanks next to our Kingfisher. Their PXH chases our Cauldron Born and I blast it. Our Locust immobilizes their Ontos. Their Drillson destroys the RT of our Kingfisher and their LRM Carrier its RL. Their Demolisher gets a lib blown off crit on our Locust’s RA and it falls. It destroys its RT in the fall. After kicking it, our Spider reducdes the speed of their LRM Carrier.

T3 – We win init. The next two mechs to deploy to the fight are our Shootist and Quickdraw. I eject the Kingfisher pilot and Locust IIc pilot. Our Shootist runs near their injured Ontos. Our Cauldron immobilizes their Striker. Our Shootist hits the fuel tank on their Ontos and it lights up. IT took more than 80 damage but remained standing. It kicks and hits the motors on the Galleon and slows it down.

T4 – We lose inti and get two more entries. Our newest reinforcements are a Stalker and Whitworth. Our Quickdraw gets behind their Blackjack. After hit eh BJ with close range weapons, it targets the LRM Carrier with its LRM 10 and destroys its stabilizer and it is immobile. Our Stalker unloads on it and destroys the front side. Our Cauldron-Born immobilizes the Demolisher. Ammo from our Shootist lances into heir striker hitting its ammo bins and it lights up. Their Demolishes destroys both arms of our Quickdraw. Their Strike rnails the gyro and engine on our Shootist. Both of our mechs fall.

They begin to flee, having slowed us down and not wanting more losses. We have one turn left to hit them hard.

T5 – We win init. Our new recruits are the Griffin and Victor. The Shootist rises. Our Grif bases their Sentry. I eject the QD. Spider jumps behind their BJ. Cauldron-Born bases it too. Their Goliath nails the engine twice on our Cauldron-Born. Our Shootist immobilizes a Drillson, our Whitworth islows down their Vedette. A Drillson nails the gyro on the Shootist and it is down. 2 gyro hits. Their Galleon hits the H of our Cauldron Born, goes internal and hits the sensors twice. It is now blind. Their Sentry misses a kick and falls.

They have finished fleeing. They had a good run here. Yeah, they lost some tanks, but they shotdown our Cauldron-Born, Shootist, and damaged our Quickdraw, Locust and Kingfisher badly enough they will need more than a week of repair. They lost some tanks. But tanks are tanks. Wounding that many mechs without losing any of your own is key.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote