View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 09:50 PM   #114
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

And now the melee begins!

Turn 1 – We win init. We rush up with almost everything and then exchange our first salvo of fire. We concentrate on their Catapult, cicada and Duan Gung. We need really big number so hit 9s – 11s. We don’t expect them to hit us very often with worse pilots. Their Cat took 40+ and Cicada 20+. Nothing else.

Turn 2 – We win init again. We continue to charge forward. RAR! We are now in the longer ranges of my medium weapons, and I expect to take out at least two mechs this turn. Our main targets are the Jinggau, Catapult, and Lynx with their Duan Gung, Huron Warrior and Cicada as secondary targets. Our Phoenix Hawk hit she ammo on their Cat and it explodes. Boom! Our Gladiator destroys their Duan Guns LA and LT and it shuts down – XL. The Masakari destroys its RL too. Our Dasher nails the engine once on their Cicada. Their Jinggau is still standing after 60 damage.

Turn 3 – We lose init. I don’t want to close too much, so I order most of my mechs to back up this turn after two turns of running at the enemy. This is a great range to expose their weakness. If I close, I need 4 and 6s and they need 6s and 8s.s if I stay out, we need 6s and 8s and they need 8s and 10s. That’s a big difference mathematically. They retreated from us a lot, to prevent this from being at our best range. Next turn I’ll need to run in again. We do not concentrate as much fire, it’s all about attacks of opportunity. Mainly, their Raven, Jinggau and Urbie are our major targets. Our Galadiator lights up their Urbie’s ammo and it goes BOOm! Our Apollo launches missiles on their Centurion and blows off its LA. Our Masakari follows that up by destroy its RT and it falls.

Turn 4 – We win init. We resume our rush. Their Centy cannot rise. Our Atlas destroys the LA of their Huron Warrior with a gauss shell. Our Gladiator destroys the LL of their Anvil. Our Mad Cat destroys the RA and RT of their Jinggau – shut down. Our Grizzily nails the Ct o their Hunchback and hits the gyro twice and engine once. Our Griffin IIc does the same feat on their Charger. One of our Marauders IIcs nails the gyro once of their Anvil. Their Anvil falls and their pilot blacks out

Turn 5 – We lose init. I expect this to be the last turn of the battle. I expect us to charge, and blow through them with closer range on our weapons. Again their Centy can’t stand. Our Dasher skids when using MASC to get close to their Shadow Hawk. I alpha strike hard, going overheat with a lot of mechs, anticipating the destruction of at least three, and perhaps as many as five enemy mechs. Let’s see if my prediction holds. Our Highlander IIc destroys te LT of their Victor. One of our MAD IIc nails the engine and gyro each once on their Thunder. O Peregrine destroys the Shadow hawk’s CT. Our Pixie destroys the RL on their Cicada. Missiles from our Apollo nail the gyro on their Victor. An Archer destroy’s the Victor’s CT. Our Masakari destroys their Raven;s RT and RA. Dead mech. Our Griffin IIc hit she Thunders RT and destroys it, dead mech. Their H Warrior falls and destroys its RT, Dead mech. So, we killed five mechs – Raven, HW, SH, Victor, Thunder. Not bad.

Their unit surrenders. For their valor, we return the warriors to the Capellan Confederation.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote