View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 08:55 AM   #127
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We are rumbling into their estate, and scout units warn everyone else and they assemble quickly and move out to meet us away from the expensive and breakable stuff. It’s time for this guy to learn that you can’t buy the stuff and hope it works – it’s about the pilots and teamwork, not about the splash for cash.

We are fighting on one of the many German unofficial maps in MegaMek, - this one has a large double road, a train track, small hills, a bit of water and tress. It’s called Ueberlandstra_e 1 – just in case you care. Some of these German maps are quite good, and it is one of them. (I found it online, hold on)

Turn 1 – We begin on the west, they on the east. We lose init. I push some forces to take the middle copse of woods now, before they do. Our Lynx, Gallowglas and Starslayer took it. I move up to the north. Their Pixie has already claimed some of the land in the northern woods. I move in my Talon and base their Pixie. I move my elementals in to help support the middle woods. I move my heavier assets in the middle of the middle and northern woods to split them an d come in around 2/3s of the way up the map. Our PXH rushes and bases theirs in the woods too. Their Scarabus skidded and fell while turning while running on pavement – the road. We concentrate fire on their Devastator. Our Flashman hits the gyro on their Devastator. They kill a trooper in one of my elemental squads. Our Grand Crusader nails the engine once on the Devastator too. One of our Elementals smashes a Warrior attack VTOL. It’s engine is destroyed, but it safely made the forced landing. Needed a 9 and got a 10. After taking more than 160 damage, their Devastator falls hard. We set the hex their PXH is in on fire.

Turn 2 – We win init. I walk Elementals into the woods. Their Devastator does not make it up. I back up my heavier mechs. Our Pixie bases their Scarabus as it tries to flank us. Our lynx jumps next to a Manticore. Our SS follows. Our Flashman destroys the Scarabus’s H. The Lynx immobilizes the Manticore. Our Grand Crusader destroys the Manticore’s LS. We started working on their Salamander.

Turn 3 – We win init. The fire and smoke have thickened up north. Our Lynx and SS leap back into the woods. I move the Elementals up to the front row of them. Their Devastator makes it up. Our Gallowglas runs out of the woods in front of their Devastator. Let’s party. In concentrate on their Devastator and Salamander. One of our Elementals immobilizes their other Manticore. Our Lynx’s ER PPC hits the gauss on the Devastators’ RA, smashes t harm, the RT I destroyed from the blast and the mech shuts down. Before it goes we destroys its LA and LL too. Before it dies their Devastator opens up the Highlander’s LT, hits the ammo and CASE booms it out. Our Flashman destroys their Mantocore;s damaged RS. Our Grand Crusader nails one of the LRM20s on their Salamander. Our Highlander falls.

Turn 4 – We lose init. Our Shootist bases a Rommel. I eject the Highlander pilot. Our SS Follows and bases the Rommel too. Their Hermes suffers MASC failure and falls due ot two actuators being hit in the damage. Their Salamander retreats to the back corner. Our Shootist teras into the Rommel with its AC20 and destroys the Rear Side armor. Our Lynx destroys the Salamander’s RT and it shuts down. Our Grand Crusader hits the Enfields engine once. It falls.

Turn 5 – We lose init. Our Flashman bases their Guillotine. Their Enfield manages to make it up. Our Shootist walks up to it. Our Lynx runs up to it as well. Our PXH joins the little scrum. Our Starslayer bases them both. Their Hermes can’t stand. It destroys all of the actuators in one leg. It blacks out from all of the stands and falls. Our Flashman destroys the LL on their Guillotine. Our Lynx smashes the Enfield engine twice more – dead mech. We also destroy its LA and LT. Their PXH destroys the LA on our Talon. Our Starslayer destroys the RT on their Guillotine. Our Zeus destroys its CT and it is dead. Our Shootist took 100+ damage but stayed on its feet. Our Talon kicks their Pixie to the ground, but no damage internal or anything.

And they call it. We accept their surrender. Three’s nowhere for them to run too, we have the mechs to chase them down

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 05-13-2013 at 08:57 AM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote