View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 09:29 AM   #129
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Sealion’s assault on the other noble has begun. This one is not in an estate like many. Instead he lives in a house just off the mining complex his family owns and runs. He prefers to live closer to the people and the business. He’s not a bad guy, but like the others, he is more interested in himself and his fiefdom rather than in the planet.

We arrive and his normal garrison s here, a full company of mechs that always have one lance on patrol around the area. They are a merc unit he hired to garrison his place. They will not fight as long as the other unit did unless they are successful early or we are not successful early. They won’t take that sort of loses from the battle.

Sealion

Mad Cat Prime
Masakari Prime
Grizzly
GHR-5J Grasshopper

Marauder Iic
ARC-2R Archer
CRD-4K Crusader
Galahad

Shadow Hawk Iic
Griffin Iic
Dragonfly A
LCT-1E Locust

Our Merc Foes:

Atlas
Hunchback
Thunderbolt
Penetrator

Awesome
Archer
Apollo
RFL-5M Rifleman

WLF-2 Wolfhound
Jenner
Grasshopper
Spider

All vet. This is a good company, despite the lack of a lot of level 2 mechs. All of their mechs here are good, and play various roles. Despite the high quality of the mechs in the previous fight, just 8 of our mechs being clan mechs will keep this from being a contest, because they would have been a strong foe for Shadow. I’ve even organized them by lance. Take their fir support mechs, as one example. They have two mechs that are missile boats, one that fires PPCs, and one that fires laser lasers and Ultra AC/5s. They have many ways of making and exploiting holes on a target. Their Penetrator and Thunderbolt are good at long range, with 2 ER Large lasers, an LRM15 and a large laser between them. Once they close, they get nasty. The Hunch and Atlas are devastating at close range, but even the Atlas features an LRM20. Their scouts include a long range jumper, a decent jump/runner with a lot of weapons, a large jumper that can hold its own and a fast ground mech. Even here you have an ER Large laser and large laser from the battlefield. Just last battle, a scout mech with an ER PPC nowhere near the battlefield destroyed their 100 ton Devastator. This is very well conceived company, with not a lot of weaknesses, but many strengths. Now, I typically want at last one fire support mech to jump, to help others in case of back attacks or such – I like Whitworths , Trebuchets, Catapults and others that will often do that. But you can hang back a bit with the Penetrator to help cover if needed. The Atlas, Wolfhound, Grasshopper, T Bolt and Penetrator can slide into fire support roles if needed,, the Anvil and Grasshopper can charge and slide into an aggressive role if needed, and even the Penetrator can became a scout mech, hopping next to mechs and unloading its medium pulse lasers. And, save for the Rilfleman, it has no XL engines to prematurely lose a mech.

Now, watch me blast them with my clan mechs and make all of this moot!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote